Inspiring others

Sometimes the best way to motivate yourself, is by motivating others. Recently, I've had the opportunity to help my mom with her weight loss goals. We've been working together for about 2 weeks and so far it's going great! Not only has she lost 8 pounds, but I've lost 4 myself! I've been helping her with healthier eating and we currently are working out about 5 days a week. She will head to the garage to exercise on the treadmill, and I complete my run outside on the trail. We also include one day a week of weight lifting/resistance training or cross training to keep things interesting. Not only has she noticed a significant increase in her ability to run further distances at a time, but she is feeling and looking better. I'm so proud of my mom for putting in the effort, and love seeing her positive results.
Helping her has been such a huge motivation for me to keep going as well. I was even able to complete a new goal this week... Reaching the blue level on my Nike plus running app!
                                                                       
I may be a huge nerd.. But this literally made me jump up and down in excitement! Now if you can see how much excitement that brings me.. You can imagine how overwhelmed with happiness I am when I can help someone else reach their goals too! I can't even describe to you what an amazing feeling it is having someone tell you that you inspire them to work and try harder. I am always encouraging a healthy, active lifestyle for the many physical and mental health benefits it provides, and when I am able to make a difference with someone else's life it is very humbling. If I can cause a positive impact on someone's life then that makes me one happy lady! Especially if it's someone I love.
Keep inspiring friends,
The Rural Runner

NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment