Bike Rides and Burpees

This week was pretty busy for me, I spent the evening on Wednesday out for a bike ride with my momma! Was supposed to run, but skipped out to do this instead! We biked for about an hour and it was a great workout.
Biking is so fun because you can go super fast without realizing it.. 
Then when I get off the bike I end up collapsing to the floor because I can't feel my legs! Happens every time. Legs like jello.
That's what's awesome about biking though, you can cover a lot of distance in a short amount of time! I fully intend on commuting to work eventually.. Once I'm better at biking.. And probably not till spring haha. But the good thing is the gas money I'll save and the exercise I'll get everyday!
I don't live too far from the hospital either.. So that makes the commute easier, but I might be a little tired during my 12 hour shifts so that's why I want to wait until I'm a better biker.
Anyways, me and mom biked all the way to the next town over and had a wonderful conversation the entire way!
Giggles all around!
It was a little chilly.. Wish I had worn a warmer jacket cause it was windy! Not looking forward to snow coming soon. Canada probs.
But we had a great workout and relaxed the rest of the night.

Today, I also had a great workout, my Instagram friends have constantly been tagging me in posts for #30burpees30days and to be completely honest I haven't been keeping up with them at all (Burpees are my nemesis). So in order to make up for the days missed, I had the brilliant idea to do them all collectively in one day #badidea so today I ended up doing 200 Burpees. Even typing it sounds depressing haha. My entire body was shaking and I hurt but they're done. #noragrets
Like I said on Instagram, it literally took everything I had to lift my arm to take this picture.. Please note the glistening sweat all over and my red face.. This was literally only half way through.. You don't wanna see the after picture, it's pretty darn ugly haha.

Side note, 2 weeks from today I'll be in Miami with Kirk! (Another reason I need to practice Burpees).
We are racing the Spartan race sprints both Saturday and Sunday, which I'm very excited about! And also pretty nervous. I've raced before, but never in the elite heat (competitive), and so I'm hoping it all goes well. As with all my races so far, my goals are to finish and not come in last place haha (and also to not do a crazy amount of Burpees).

For those of you who don't know, fail an obstacle in the Spartan race and do a 30 burpee penalty. I've been doing a lot of running so I feel pretty prepared in that aspect (although I'm not as fast as everyone else) but I'm kinda concerned about obstacles. Hopefully I can make it through the monkey bar rigs and inverted walls without falling off, the rope climb shouldn't be a problem though (somehow good at this one)! I'll definitely be writing race recaps right after I'm done to post on here too!
Stay tuned friends,
The Rural Runner



NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment