May Goals

This month, I had decided to again review and rewrite my goals. We're officially 5 months into the year (where is the time going?) and I decided it was a great time to add some new goals in. This month, I've decided to try to explore more of Nova Scotia, since I've lived here my entire life and there's still places Kirk and I haven't gone yet. To start, we went to Evangeline beach, a cute little beach close to our apartment where the tides are so high, you can either walk a kilometre out on mud, or there's too much water to even see any ground. We ended up there when the tide was in, and it was all the way to the stairs.


Also as a big goal this month, my boyfriend Kirk and I decided to go all of May sugar free. So far were on day 7 and haven't broken down and eaten any sweets. This challenge is pretty difficult because I constantly crave sugar whether it's chocolate, cookies, froyo.. Etc. It's also hard because families at work always bring in treats to leave at the nursing station, and we almost ALWAYS have goodies on night shift (gotta make shift work more bearable right?).
Some of the reactions I've gotten upon declining sugary treats are funny, others concerning. The main response is "oh I could never do that for an entire month" or "um why.. You're crazy.." Also got "so basically you're just going to eat vegetables all month?!"
Let me clear one thing up, when we said were giving up sugar for one month, that means no processed or fake sugars. No donuts, no ice cream, no pop (at all. Diet is just as bad if not worse), no candy. Fruit is FINE. I'm tired of everyone being so afraid of eating fruit "there's too much sugar" and then going and eating a fricken Big Mac (etc.). Fruit is natural, fruit helps with metabolism and to keep you regular, fruit can prevent heart disease and stroke, even some forms of cancer. Fruit is delicious, eat your fruits!!

And now we're off to start the drive to Fredericton, NB for our race this weekend! Race recap will come after.
Happy trails, 
The Rural Runner


NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment